St Mary of the Visitation .......
A Church to Call Home...
Thank you for your interest in learning more
about St. Mary of the Visitation Parish ! Through the years, we have learned that people
visit St. Mary's for many reasons, including:
- Someone telling you about St Mary's or inviting you to church
- Wanting to plug back in to church
- Attending church for the first time
- Identifying the need for a fresh start in life
- Recently moving to the area
Whatever your reason for considering St. Mary of
the Visitation, we count it a privilege to answer any questions you may have and
share ways you can engage in the life and ministries of St Mary's! If you canít
find the information youíre looking for from the questions below, please call
us at 519 658 4443 or even email our Pastor.
We hope you will join us for one of our Lord's
Day Masses on Saturday evening (5:00pm) or Sunday morning (8:00am,
9:30am and 11:30am.) Each liturgy has a different feel and unique
music. Try each of them out and find the one you are most comfortable with. Our
9:30am and 11:30am. offers a Children's
Ministry for those aged 2 - Grade 4.
Be encouraged to "come as you are" as you seek answers, comfort and encouragement. There is
something for everyone at St. Mary's - come find out what we have for you!
Considering St Mary's Parish?
- Iím considering becoming a member of St. Mary's Parish. What can I do to learn more?
- A member
of the Parish is someone who lives
in the geographic territory of St Mary of the Visitation Parish. A member
is also someone who faithfully
attends Sunday Mass and supports the Parish with their time,
talent, and treasure.
A parish registration form
is a good way to begin. You can download one or pick one up and fill it out at
any of the entrances of the Church on Sunday (one of the Ushers will help
- Registration with one of our parish schools does not mean that you are
registered with the parish. You will then receive a welcome kit.
It will have lots of information about our parish life, ministries and groups. There is also some
literature on the parish at each entrance. We also host our Catholic
Cafe after each Mass - it's a great way to get connected. You can also
check out our Welcome Desk located in the Parish Centre Narthex -
someone for sure can help you.
- Where is St Mary's located and where do I park?
- St Mary's is located in the Hespeler part of the
City of Cambridge. We are near the corner of Cooper and Queen Street (near the downtown). We have
two parking lots located on either side of the Church building. We also have a
new lot across the street from the rectory (priests' house). Overflow parking at the W.G.
Johnson Centre (Cooper & Kribs Streets) is only a few short steps from the Church front door.
Some street parking is also available. There is a place for you!
- What opportunities do you offer for children?
- The Childrenís Ministry at St. Mary's is
great! We offer programs for children aged 2 & 3 and for those
from J.K. until Grade 4 during our 9:30 a.m. and 11:30am Mass on Sunday. All
our children's ministry workers receive a background check before working with us. Your child can
enjoy a dynamic and safe time while you worship at Mass in our new "Children and Youth Wing"
. We also offer an extensive Youth ministry program for Grade 5 - High School.
- Iím considering getting involved in a Small Group. What would you recommend?
- One of the best ways to make connections, grow relationships, and be challenged in Godís Word
is through our Small Groups. In addition, our Women's Ministry and
Men's Ministry provide a host of other opportunities
throughout the week. We also have a great Young
Adult Ministry for those 18-39 and a Couples
Ministry. There really is something for everyone!
- I know getting involved in ministry is important at St Mary's, but I donít know where to start. What are my options?
- You might think that "St. Mary's is full of people who help as volunteers. Thereís so much
going onóthey donít need me." Nothing could be further from the truth. We need you! There is
something for everyone at St. Mary's. Service plays a major role, not only in the
health of the church, but in your life as well. The greatest way to grow in your
faith is to serve! Why not connect with us and find
out how to get involved.
- I wish to learn about how do support the mission of the Gospel at St Mary of
the Visitation Parish - how can I do this?
- First of all, thank you for considering supporting our
outreach. You can give ONLINE
by using your Credit Card. You can give with your debit/credit
card by using the debit machine we have at our Welcome
Desk during any of our Lord's Day Masses, or at our parish office
(Monday-Friday 8:30-4:00pm). You can joyfully give during any Lord's Day
Mass, using conventional methods such as cash and cheque. Be
sure to include your name and address on the cheque or envelope, so
that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes. If you would
like to request a set of envelope boxes, or have other questions please
Another great way to "get to know us" is through our
Tuesday Night Together evenings,
they traditionally happen in October and February.
They are a great way to get answers to life's questions, meet people and sense
the spirit of welcome and hospitality for which our Family of Faith has become